The Manchester Engineering Campus Development is a seven-year project that will deliver a new home for engineering at The University of Manchester.
As one of the largest construction projects undertaken by an institution in the UK, MECD will provide our engineering community with a new campus in the year 2021.
- The design process of the project took place during 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- The main contract work commenced in late 2016.
- The first MECD core reached full height in May 2018.
- Installation of the exterior façade panels began on MEC Hall in August 2018.
- The MECD topping out ceremony took place in September 2018, celebrating the first point of MEC Hall reaching full height.
- The 'York Street Building' will be complete in July 2020.
- Odd Fellows Hall renovations and extension will be complete in August 2020.
- The refurbishment of Manchester Business School East building will be complete in October 2020.
- The refurbishment of James Chadwick Building will be complete in December 2020.
- 'MEC Hall' and 'Upper Brook Street Building' will be complete in January 2021.
- IT and furniture will begin fitting in January 2021.
- Training and familiarisation for staff and students will begin in February 2021.
- Decant and occupation will begin in April 2021.